Coconut Rose Date Bark is an easy dessert you need to make during festival season. Coconut gives a crunch and the rose adds so much flavor to this delicious Date Bark. This is an Indian or Desi spin on the viral trending Date Bark. The mejdool dates are soft and gives so much sweetness to this bark. Everyone in my family approved of this and this is what I will be making for Rakshabandhan this year. This can easily replace an Indian mithai and perfect to enjoy other festivals such as Diwali or Christmas. These are guilt free, vegan and egg free.
Date Bark is a viral trend introduced by @Healthjunkie and this is a Desi spin on the the trend.
What is Date Bark?
Date bark is a chocolate bark made with Dates on one side and then the topping is added and layered with melted chocolate. The bark is then frozen so the chocolate can harden and you can enjoy them as a dessert.
How to make Rose Coconut Khajoor Barks?
Start out by deseeding the Mejdool dates and lining them on a baking tray. Using bottom of a the glass press the dates down
Sprinkle dry coconut and drizzle rose water
Melt the chocolate bars in a stove top or microwave
Drizzle the chocolate over the dates covering most of it and you can make think or thick layer based on your preference
Sprinkle the top with dry rose petals
Freeze it for 1 hour
Take the bark out and cut them into pieces and enjoy
Use 70 % dark Cocoa chocolate as the dates are sweet and you to balance the sweetness. Once the bark is frozen, store them in fridge as the chocolate may melt in your hands
What type of dates can I use ?
The mejdool dates are preferred for this bark but if you can’t find them, you can choose to use any dates that are soft and sweet. You can also dip the dates in hot water for some time and soften and dry them if you are unable to find soft version of dates
Alternative idea for Date Bark?
You can smash the dates and then layer it with nut butters like peanut butter or almond butter. Then you can sprinkle chopped nuts and drizzle melted chocolate over it. This version tastes like a snicker bar.
You can be creative with the layer of toppings such as nut butters, cream, ice cream, tahini and so much more. The chocolate can be topped off with nut mixtures or rose petals and so much more.
Rose Coconut Khajoor Barks
- 12-15 mejdool dates
- 1/2 cup shreded dry coconut
- 2 tablespoon edible rose water
- 70 % Cocoa Dark Chocolate Bars 2 Bars of 100 grams each
- 1/2 cup dry rose petals
- Deseed the Mejdool Dates
- Lay the Mejdool dates on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Place another parchment paper on top
- Smash the dates using the flat bottom of a glass and take the parchment paper off
- Sprinkle dry shredded dry coconut all over the dates
- Drizzle rose water all over the dates
- Take the chocolate bar and melt it in a microwave for 15 seconds or on stove top
- Drizzle the chocolate all over the dates covering it completely
- Sprinkle dry rose petals over the chocolate
- Freeze it for 1 hour
- Take the Chocolate Bark out and cut it into pieces
- You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge
Here is the recipe for healthy Yogurt Bark
Click here to subscribe to my Youtube channel