Cheese Masala Dosa Waffle Sandwich is going to be the new way you are going to enjoy your Dosas. They turn out so crunchy in a waffle maker and it is a creative way to serve Dosas. I paired the potato filling as everyone in my family loves aloo masala and the Amul Cheese just makes everything taste so delicious. The combination is absolutely amazing. Pair this along with the Idli Chutney. Usually in summer I make the batter at home and use leftover batter to makes these on Sundays. Enjoy them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Cheese Masala Dosa Waffle Sandwich
Before the Pandemic, we visited a cafe in Hoboken, New Jersey called Simply Chai. They served variety of Dosa Waffles and since then I was a fan and since them I have been making them in my kitchen. I mean what a brilliant idea of make Dosa Waffles. They served them along with several toppings but we can’t beat the classic Masala Dosa. Checkout quick and easy recipe below that I am sure you will love.
- 1 medium sized potato boiled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp udad dal
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp asafetida powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 Aloo Masala
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt as needed
- 2 cubes Amul Cheese
- 2 cups dosa batter
- Serve along with coconut chutney
- Boil the potato and remove the skin
- Heat olive oil in a wide pan, once it is hot add Udad dal, mustard seeds and asafetida powder and let it sizzle
- Now add green chilies and curry leaves and let it cook for 1 minutes
- Crumble the boiled potatoes with your hands and add it to the oil
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder and mix it together, if needed mash the potatoes to form a uniform mixture
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro leaves and turn off the heat
- Plug in the waffle maker and grease with oil
- Drop 2-3 tablespoonfuls of dosa batter into the waffle maker once it heats up
- Close the lid and let the waffle cook. This should take 5-7 minutes. If the waffle is not cooked, close the lid and cook for longer.
- Sometimes you may need to flip the waffle half way for it be cooked evenly on both sides
- Once the waffle is cooked, remove it from the waffle maker
- Repeat the steps above to make another Dosa Waffle
- Now spread a layer of Aloo masala on the waffle and shred Amul Cheese on top of it
- Keep the waffle maker open and cover the potato and cheese waffle with a lid till the cheese melts
- Open the lid and place the second waffle on top of this waffle
- Seal it and cut it in half and serve it along with Coconut Chutney
- Enjoy them right away
Click here for the YouTube channel
I like most of waffle maker recipes. Why don’t you add link of insta video with this recipe here. It’ll help to view video immediately.
I will definitely add the videos going forward if it helps everyone.