- 1 cup split bengal gram
- 1 cup shredded frozen coconut I used deep brand
- salt as needed
- 5 green chillies or as per taste
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tsp udad dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- Grind the bengal gram first in the blender and it should be coarse and not fine. Then add shredded coconut, salt, green chillies and water. Adjust the salt and water as required. Remove the chutney in a bowl.
- Heat oil on medium heat for few minutes. Once the oil is hot, add udad dal and mustard seeds. Let the dal turn brown and mustard seeds crackle and add curry leaves. Once the curry leaves harden, turn off the stove and pour the tadka over the chutney and then mix it well.
- Enjoy the chutney with Idli, Dosa or any South Indian food.