If you are looking to make a simple and easy dessert then you must try Kesar Pista Jars. I took the inspiration of no bake Cheesecake and added layers of cream to make this light. The texture is airy & the most popular Indian flavor combo of Saffron and Pistachio works so well in this recipe. This recipe was a huge hit at a recent dinner hosted by me and I am sure it will be at yours.
“Kesar Pista Cream Jars” draws its inspiration from the rich heritage of India, particularly from the Mughal era. The Mughals, who ruled over the Indian subcontinent for several centuries, were known for their luxurious cuisine. Saffron (kesar) and pistachios (pista) were highly prized ingredients in Mughal cooking, and they often featured prominently in their desserts.
How to make Kesar Pista Cream Jars?
Whisk or Electric Mixer: To mix and combine the cream base thoroughly.
Refrigerator: To chill and set the cream mixture.
After assembling the jars, cover them with lids or plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator. This will keep the cream mixture chilled and maintain its texture. While refrigeration is essential, avoid freezing the Kesar Pista Cream Jars. Freezing can alter the texture and flavor of the cream mixture.
For the best taste and texture, it’s recommended to consume the dessert within 2-3 days of preparation. This will ensure it retains its freshness.
The fusion of the traditional with the innovative, in this case, the substitution of a bun / pav with a phyllo cup, opens up a world of possibilities for exploration. If you have peanut allergy then you can add crushed almonds or you can choose to skip it. You can also add sugar to balance all the flavors.
Kesar contains antioxidants like crocin and safranal, which may help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Pista is rich in antioxidants, pistachios can help combat oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
To extract the maximum flavor and color from saffron, soak the threads in warm milk for at least 30 minutes before incorporating them into the cream mixture. This allows the saffron’s aromatic compounds to infuse fully. Ensure the cream mixture is well combined. Use a whisk or an electric mixer to thoroughly blend the ingredients. This will result in a smooth and creamy texture.
Kesar Pista Cream Jars
- 2 8oz pack of Cream Cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 8oz container of cool whip or whipped cream
- 20 parle g cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoon saffron strands
- 1/2 cup pistachio powder freshly ground
- 1 cup whip cream to garnish
- Crush the parle g cookies and add the melted butter and mix it well.
- Make a layer of crushed cookies in the jar and press it down till its even
- Place the jar in the fridge for 1 hour
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture by whipping it. Whip the cream cheese till it becomes airy for about 10 minutes
- Add the condensed milk and whip it again
- Fold in the Cool whip or whipped cream, pistachio powder and saffron strands with light hand
- Using a spoon, place the mixture in the jars till 3/4th full and smoothen it out using a spoon
- Place the jars in the referigerator for 6 hours minimum or overnight
- Before serving layer it with whip cream and sprinkle saffron strands and pistachio powder