When we went to Italy last year, we had tons of Caprese Sandwiches especially when we were on the go. I love this sandwich as it is easy to make and requires fresh ingredients and the best thing is that it does not get soggy. Caprese Sandwich is perfect for lunches, picnics and you can prep it ahead of time. I like to take them to beaches as well. They are filling and tastes so delicious. We are adding a twist to the Caprese Sandwich by adding the chili oil. It brings out so much flavor and give the perfect kick to a normal Caprese Sandwich.
What is a Caprese Sandwich?
Caprese means “Salad of Capri”. Capri is an island in Italy and Caprese originated from that region. It is derived from the colors Italian flag using fresh ingredients such as tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and basil leaves. One day salad was turned into sandwich by using same ingredients in between the bread.
How to make Chili Oil Caprese Sandwich?
Take a Ciabatta bread and slice it
On both sides of the bread layer it with olive oil and balsamic glaze
Add Heirloom tomatoes and sprinkle salt and pepper
Layer it with mozzarella cheese slice
Add fresh basil leaves
Drizzle chili oil and seal the sandwich
Enjoy this sandwich right away or pack the sandwich for lunches or picnics
📌Chili Oil Caprese Sandwich | Spicy Caprese Sandwich
- 4 Ciabatta Bread
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Ball
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon chili oil
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Take a Ciabatta bread and slice it
- On both sides of the bread layer it with olive oil and balsamic glaze
- Add Heirloom tomatoes and sprinkle salt and pepper
- Layer it with mozzarella cheese slice
- Add fresh basil leaves
- Drizzle chili oil and seal the sandwich
- Enjoy this sandwich right away or pack the sandwich for lunches or picnics
Click here to subscribe to my Youtube channel