Corn and Cheese Waffles are quick and easy waffles that will loved by everyone in your family. I love these waffles as they are perfect to send to school for lunches or you can enjoy them as quick bite. You can also serve these as an appetizer for holiday parties or Diwali party. Corn and cheese is perfectly balanced mixture as the sweetness from the corn and the saltiness from the cheese makes it an amazing combo. I also like it in between bread and make corn and cheese toasties. These are gluten free and nut free and has no onion or garlic. These Indian waffle recipe is going to be loved by everyone.
Whenever we think of waffles, we think of sweet waffles with maple syrup but these are savory waffles. Savory waffles has been a thing since last few years and there are so many things you can make in a waffle maker and save time.
Corn and cheese is one of my favorite mixture and we like to add the mixture in between bread, add it to parathas and make so much more with it. This mixture brings back so many childhood memories as we enjoyed it when we came back from school for a quick snack.
The corn and cheese mixture is now in a waffle warm and these quick bite snacks are so addictive. Make these for school dabbas or serve them as an appetizer.
If you do not own a waffle maker then you can easily make little corn and cheese patties or you can also make them in an air fryer.
You can easily add veggies in this waffle recipe and I picked corn as it is kid friendly. The cheese adds protein, fats and the rice flour adds carbs.
How to make Corn and Cheese savory Waffles?
Wash and dry frozen corn and add it to a bowl
Wash and finely chop French beans and add it to the corn
Add 1 tsp of ginger and green chili paste
Then add salt and amchoor powder
Add chopped cilantro to the mixture
Take the amul cheese cube and shred it in the mixture
Add the rice flour to the mixture
Using your hands squeeze the entire mixture and form balls or patties and if needed add 1-2 tablespoon of water if the mixture is too dry
Plug the waffle maker and let it heat for few minutes and grease the waffle maker with oil
Place the patties in the waffle maker
Cook the waffles for 10 minutes and then flip them halfway and cook again
Once they are crispy on both sides serve it along with ketchup or pack it for school lunches
Mini Corn and cheese waffles
- 1/2 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 cup French beans chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp amchoor powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp ginger chili paste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 amul cheese cube
- 1/3 cup cup rice flour
- 1-2 tablespoon water as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- Wash and dry frozen corn
- In a bowl add the dried frozen corn
- Wash and finely chop French beans and add it to the corn
- Add 1 tsp of ginger and green chili paste
- Then add salt and amchoor powder
- Add chopped cilantro to the mixture
- Take the amul cheese cube and shred it in the mixture
- Add the rice flour to the mixture
- Using your hands squeeze the entire mixture and form balls and if needed add 1-2 tablespoon of water if the mixture is too dry
- Plug the waffle maker and let it heat for few minutes
- Grease the waffle maker with oil and then place the balls in the waffle maker
- Cook the waffles for 10 minutes and then flip them halfway and cook again
- Once they are crispy on both sides serve it along with ketchup or pack it for school lunches
Mixing Bowl, Mini Waffle Maker
Room temperature for 3-4 hours. Reheat to bring the crunch back. Can be packed for lunches
Serve it along with ketchup or chutney. You can pack these for school lunches
You can use red chili powder instead of green chili paste. The rice flour can be easily replaced by all purpose flour or semolina. For the vegan foodies you can replace the cheese with vegan cheese.
Cook the waffles 10 minute on each side and flip them midway for extra crunch. Add water to the mixture to the mixture only if needed to mold them into balls.