Presenting Schezwan Sauce!!! Whenever I am craving Indian Chinese and need a quick meal then this sauce comes in handy. It satisfies my tangy and spicy food cravings. It’s a staple in my kitchen as it is so versatile and goes with everything. The sauce stores very well in the freezer and I usually make a batch that can last me for a while. Don't forget to checkout my other recipes using this sauce.
- 20-25 dry red kashmiri chillies whole
- 1/2 medium size onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon garlic grated
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoonfuls soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt or as needed
- Soak the kashmiri red chillies in water for about 2-3 hours or if you are short on time then boil them on stove till they softens. Strain the water once the chillies soften and let it cool to room temperature.
- Deseed some of the chillies if you want the sauce to be mild.
- Grind all the ingredients listed above with the softened red chillies till it becomes a paste
- On a pan heat the oil and then simmer the paste on low heat till it thickens and it’s the right consistency
- Schezwan sauce is ready and stores very well in freezer for 6 months