Breakfast Burrito Rolls are filled with fiber, protein and can be easily made in the oven. I love them because of the crunch. Once you have the filling ready, you need to fill them up and bake them in the oven. Make them ahead of time and you can freeze them for a later use. Everyone in family loved it and I am sure you will too. Enjoy these on weekends or busy week days. These are filled with black beans, paneer, veggies and few spices. The cheese adds to wow factor to these delicious burrito rolls.
You can make these burritos for breakfast or enjoy them during weeknights. I plan to serve these for Diwali or Holiday parties and mini version of these would make an amazing appetizer for festivals.
These burrito rolls are rich in protein and fiber. The paneer and cheese adds protein and good fats and the black beans adds fiber and protein. The veggies adds micronutrients and fiber to the burrito rolls.
This dish is inspired by classic Breakfast Burritos. Usually the breakfast burritos are made with eggs, veggies and cheese. We are making this burrito roll with black beans, paneer, veggies and cheese. Everything is then rolled into frozen paratha or puff pastry and baked in oven till it becomes crunchy . You are going to love the flakey twist and will crave to eat more.
How to make Breakfast Burrito Rolls?
Thaw the puff pastry or flakey parathas in fridge overnight or on counter top for 30 minutes
Dice the onions and bell papers and shred the paneer and cheddar cheese
Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and then sauté onions
Add fresh garlic and chopped green chilies and cook them till they soften
Add diced green peppers and salt and cook it till the peppers become translucent
If you are using a can of black beans, strain them till the water is drained and then add them to the pan
Now add shredded paneer, smoked paprika and cumin powder and mix it well
Turn off the heat and let the stuffing cool down
Preheat the oven to 400 degree Farenheit
Take the thawed paratha or puff pastry and fill it with the stuffing and add shredded cheese
Fold them into a burrito using water to seal the edges. Continue doing that for other burrito rolls
Place them in a baking tray or air frying tray with parchment paper. Bake them for 20 minute or till they are crispy and brown on all sides
Serve the burritos with salsa and enjoy them
Breakfast Burrito Rolls | Flakey Burritos
- 1 can of black beans or 2.25 cups cooked black beans
- 3 kawan flakey Parathas or 3 puff pastry sheets
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 cup shredded paneer
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic shredded
- 1-2 green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or red chili powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Thaw the puff pastry or flakey parathas in fridge overnight or on counter top for 30 minutes
- Dice the onions and bell papers, Shred the paneer and cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and then sauté onions, add fresh garlic and chopped green chilies and cook them till they soften
- Add diced green peppers and salt and cook it till the peppers become translucent
- If you are using a can of black beans, wash and strain them till the water is drained and then add them to the pan
- Now add shredded paneer, smoked paprika and cumin powder and mix it well
- Turn off the heat and let the stuffing cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit
- Take the thawed paratha or puff pastry and fill it with the stuffing and fold into a burrito and continue doing that for other burrito rolls
- Place them in a baking tray or air frying tray with parchment paper
- Bake them for 20 minute or till they are crispy and brown on all sides
- Serve the burritos with salsa and enjoy it right away
Baking Tray, Oven or Air Fryer
It is best to eat the burrito right away after it has been baked. You can store them at room temperature for few hours
How to freeze breakfast burritos?
You can pre make the burritos by stuffing the puff pastry or parathas with the filling and freeze them. When you need them you can thaw them in fridge overnight or room temperature for few hours and use them as needed.
Serve the burritos along with salsa
You can use puff pastry instead of flakey paratha. You can use bread or tortilla as well instead of puff pastry. The baking temperature and time may change based on the outer layer of the burrito.
Make sure you seal the burrito on all sides before baking them. Bake the rolls in the oven on air fryer till they are brown and crispy on all sides. Rotate them in the oven so they can cook evenly on all sides.
Checkout more Breakfast recipes here