Schezwan Grilled Cheese
- 1/2 cup Schezwan sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo I used vegan mayo
- 4 slices kraft American cheese
- 8 slices of white bread I used vermont white bread
- 4 tsp amul butter can use any other brand
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 medium sized red onion diced into pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into pieces
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat oil on medium heat, sauté onions and peppers till it softens a little and the water is absorbed, add salt as per taste and pepper powder and add the soy sauce and cook for few minutes. Turn off the stove once the soy sauce evaporates.
- Take 2 slices of bread and apply 1/2 tsp of vegan mayo on each side, then apply 1/2 tsp of Schezwan sauce on each side. If you want it less spicy then you can skip one side.
- Place American cheese on 1 side and Amul cheese on other side.
- Place the pepper onion mixture in the middle and press them together.
- Apply butter on outer sides of each bread.
- Now place it on a pan or griddle on medium heat. Once the bread turns brown and the cheese is melts, you can take it out.
- Cut it in 1/2 and Enjoy!!!