It is officially soup season and this bowl will give you the cozy vibes during winter. This one pot meal is one of my go to dinner ideas for weeknights. It is a balanced meal and has carbs, protein, fiber and good fats and it is completely vegan. Hope you will enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup beans boiled in water
- 1/2 cup small pasta
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans chopped
- 1 cup of green or red pepper chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 can of 28 oz San Marzano peeled tomatoes
- Salt as needed
- 2 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 4 cups of vegetarian broth
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 3/4 sprigs of thyme and rosemary
- 3 or 4 basil leaves
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large and deep pan.
- Once the oil is hot add onions and sauté till it’s translucent, add garlic and crushed red pepper and let it cook till it’s fragrant.
- Add all the veggies and tomatoes from the can and cook for 5-10 minutes mashing the tomatoes.
- Add salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary and mix it well. Now add the vegetarian broth and close the lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Open the lid and check to see if the veggies have softened, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes and once the pasta is cooked add the beans and cook for 5 more minutes till the soup thickens a little. Adjust the salt and spice and turn off the heat. Remove the thyme and rosemary sprigs. Sprinkle with hand torn basil leaves and serve the soup with bread. Can shred parmesan cheese on top.
Leave A Comment