We went back to Baar Baar for their weekend brunch this past weekend and they launched a brand new Brunch Menu.
If you haven’t been to Baar Baar is an Indian fusion restaurant in NYC. On weekends they have live singer and DJ in house. They launched a new brunch menu past Saturday and let me tell you the food was absolutely delicious.
To know before you go:
Make reservations ahead of time. They have a 90 minute limit for you to enjoy your meals and enjoy the ambiance
Kids are only allowed on Sundays.
Saturday the restaurant turns in to a party/restaurant scene
Brunch Timings 11:30 am to 4:00 pm but the live singing do not start till 1:00 pm so try to go in later to make the most of it
Brunch menu is very different from their lunch and dinner menu hence ?I highly recommend going there for brunches
All parties must order at least 1 large plate and a side plate (Their appetizer sounds more interesting though)
They also have a vegan menu
They were able to find dishes for people with allergies or sensitivity but they cannot completely change the menu
They cocktail menu is different during brunch hours
They had a live pani puri counter
What did we order? :
- We loved the sangria and Gulabi from their cocktail menu
- Edamame Vada Pav – Although I could not taste Edamame, the flavor of the Vada Pav was bang on (my favorite dish)
- Avocado Kejriwal – The flavors were delicious but we found it soggy as it was dipped in chutney (use fork and knife to eat it)
- They had a live pani puri counter and loved both flavors – Passion Fruit and Cilantro, Chili and Ginger
- The Amirtsari Aloo and Parmesan Kulcha was so soft and the Chickpea curry was flavorful
- The tender Jackfruit Cutlet Sandwich was flavorful and the jackfruit was nice and crunchy. The coleslaw layered inside the sandwich was creamy and tasty
- The Soy and Corn Quesadilla was indian flavored Quesadilla and we could not identify the use of soy in the dish. It was paired with crema sauce and tasted good
- Tandoori Cauliflower was cooked to perfection and the tandoori sauce had lots of flavors that tasted very good
- We got the filter coffee cake for dessert which we thought was ok
Overall we thought the menu needed a change so we are glad that it finally happened. The ambiance was 10/10. The food quality has gone up and the service has improved as compared to before. I have been here for lunches, dinners and brunch and my favorite time to visit is during the Brunches. Perfect place to celebrate birthdays or any other occasion. The live music by Avis Jain was too good.
Cocktails at Baar Baar
CUISINE: Indian Fusion Upscale
FAVORITES: From the Brunch Menu : Vada Pav, Pani Puri, Chole Kulcha
Overall rating: 4
Rating scale 1-5 (5 being the best)
Checkout other Restaurant Reviews here
Leave A Comment