Yellow Squash Soup
The Day light savings made me so sleepy and it was an indication that I needed a comforting meal. What can be more comforting then a bowl of soup???Summer Squash Soup is one of my favorite meals during spring time when the weather is fluctuating and I want something soothing and light. This soup is completely vegan and jain and I promise it wont take you more than 20 minutes to make it. The Rosemary adds a unique flavor and the black pepper powder adds a little kick to it. My son who hates vegetables loved this soup and asked for 2nd servings. You can make this soup all around the year!!!!
- 2 medium sized yellow Squash diced into pieces
- 5 cups vegetable broth or water
- 8-10 Almonds
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add the broth or water and let it boil for few minutes.
- Add diced squash, rosemary and almonds and let it cook for 15 minutes till it softens. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Once it cools, blend the mixture and strain it.
- Reheat the soup mixture and add black pepper, salt and lime juice.
- Serve hot.
Leave A Comment