Presenting to you my recipe of Vegan Shakshuka. We have been craving brunch food items lately and this dish was always on my mind to make at home. This weekend was my first attempt in making this dish and it was a huge success. My hubby approved it 100%. I love this recipe as it has a balance of protein, veggies and good fats and it gave us a wholesome feeling. The recipe is completely vegan and I am definitely adding this to my weeknight dinner meal plans. I used a store bought sauce that tasted super delicious but you can replace it with a can of crushed tomatoes. You can replace the silken tofu with chickpeas, vegan eggs or eggplants.
- 16 oz Shakshuka Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- Salt as needed
- 4/5 round disk shaped silken tofu
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tsp cumin coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- Cut 4/5 pieces of silken tofu in round disk shape and season them with black salt
- Heat olive oil on medium heat, sauté onions, garlic and peppers till they soften. Add chili powder, cumin coriander powder and the sauce and cover the lid and let it simmer.
- After 5/6 minutes add the tofu in the sauce and cover the lid and let it come together. Open the lid and sprinkle with parsley and turn off the heat and serve hot with toast.