Vegan Black Bean Chili
Any recommendation for healthy and comforting food? I have got one for you today. Presenting Vegan Black Bean Chili. This is my bowl of comfort food. It’s hearty , delicious and filling at the same time. It could be served as a dip or a soup and it comes together in less than 30 minutes. This recipe is completely vegan and you can skip the chips to make it healthy. I am going to sit here and get cozy with this bowl.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup black beans measured soaked and boiled or a 16oz can of beans
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 jalapeño or 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika /red chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup red onions chopped
- 1/2 cup peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp chipotle chili in adobo
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp Taco seasoning/Chili Seasoning
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 avocado cut into chunks optional
- tortilla chips optional
- Heat oil in a deep vessel on medium heat
- Add cumin powder and bay leaf, then add garlic, chopped jalapeños or green chillies, chopped onions and sauté for some time.
- Then add peppers and salt and cook till it softens.
- Now add smoked paprika/ red chili powder, chili seasoning/taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and add 1/2 of the beans
- Use a masher to mash the veggies and beans mixture. You can use a hand blender instead but turn off the heat for few minutes while using it.
- Now add remaining beans mixture and add water/veg broth and let it simmer for 30 minutes till water cooks down and you have a thick soupy like mixture.
- Squeeze lime juice and turn the heat off.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro, diced tomatoes and avocados. Serve it with tortilla chips.