Tofu and Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 pack 14oz firm tofu drained and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- salt as needed
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced white onions
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and sauté for few minutes.
- Now add green chillies and mix well.
- Add the mushrooms and add salt and let it cook for few minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce and vinegar and let it come to a boil.
- Add the tofu and cover with a lid and let it cook for 20-30 minutes till it comes together.
- Add black pepper mix well and adjust the taste if needed.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.