Tofu and Mushroom Soup
Freezing temperatures has me craving a warm bowl of soup that is light on my stomach. This combination tastes so good together and the mushroom adds its own flavor to the broth. You will be amazed at how comforting and balanced this vegan and keto friendly soup tastes.
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 pack 14oz firm tofu drained and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- salt as needed
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced white onions
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and sauté for few minutes.
- Now add green chillies and mix well.
- Add the mushrooms and add salt and let it cook for few minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce and vinegar and let it come to a boil.
- Add the tofu and cover with a lid and let it cook for 20-30 minutes till it comes together.
- Add black pepper mix well and adjust the taste if needed.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Leave A Comment