This is one of my favorite brunch or breakfast dish. If you are craving something spicy that is healthy then this is the perfect dish. The recipe is completely vegan and keto friendly and comes together very quickly. Its a hearty meal and sometimes we enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner. Pair this with toast or chapati to make it complete.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp hing powder
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapeños
- 1 & 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 200 grams extra firm tofu shredded
- salt and lime juice as needed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1- 2 slices of bread
- Heat oil on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and hing powder and let it sizzle for a minute.
- Add onions, jalapeños, peppers, garlic and ginger and sauté till everything comes together and onions are translucent,
- Add tomatoes and mash them and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt, pav bhaji masala and red chili powder and cook for few more minutes.
- Add the shredded tofu and let it all come together.
- Adjust the salt and chili powder if needed.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with cilantro
- Serve with toasted bread or rotis