Paneer Bhurji Cakes
My weekdays are so busy and I am always looking for quick and easy lunch and dinner options that is also little healthy. If you are on a hunt for a quick meal like me, then you need to try Paneer Bhurji Cakes that comes together in 10 minutes and makes a perfect meal. You can eat this at any time during the day and it will hit the spot. Paneer can be replaced with tofu and you can skip heavy cream to make it completely vegan. For a jain version skip the onions and garlic. This is a perfect snack for kids and it has the right balance of carbs, proteins and fats. The rice cakes are low in calories and add the right amount of crunch to balance with soft and creamy paneer. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram when you make this at home because I love seeing you all recreating my recipes.
- 1 cup shredded paneer
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tomatoes
- salt as needed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 rice cakes
- 5/6 slices of cucumber
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- Grind tomatoes, green chillies and garlic.
- In a pan on medium heat, add cumin seeds, chopped onions and peppers and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add heavy cream and mix it well.
- Add paneer and kasoori methi and let it mix well and turn the heat off
- Layer the Bhurji on rice cakes and top it off with sliced cucumbers and cilantro and serve hot