If you want a breakfast inspo, you need to try Seviyan Upma with vegetables. If you haven’t tried this dish then it’s definitely worth trying. I added spicy green chilies to add a kick to it and loaded it with vegetables to make it nutritious and I added peanuts for the crunch. It tasted so delicious. It’s kid friendly, you can subtract the chilies for them if they do not eat spicy food. Its like a meal as its super filling. I got my Seviyan from Indian grocery store.
- 1 cup seviyan
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup green beans diced
- 1/4 cup onions chopped
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts (optional)
- 1 -2 green chillies as per taste
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro to garnish
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6/7 curry leaves
- 2 cups water
- Dry roast the seviyan in a pan on slow heat for 3/4 min or till you can smell it. Keep the seviyan on side. (Skip roasting if you have roasted one)
- On a pan heat the oil, then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves. Once it crackles add onions and cook till it is translucent, then add carrots and green beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add water and let it boil for few minutes. Check to see if the vegetables are soft and cooked.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Add seviyan and let it cook till water is absorbed.
- Squeeze lime juice on top and enjoy!
Leave A Comment