Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese is the ultimate comfort food. I always looking for opportunities to add veggies to my food so this one has some roasted broccoli and you wont believe how good this tastes in between 2 breads with some cheese. This was a big hit and my son had no idea he was eating veggies. Lets call this healthy comfort food.
- 1 cup broccoli separated and washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 jalapeño thin sliced
- 1/2 cup Onions thin Sliced
- 4 slices of sliced cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper as needed
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- Toss broccoli with olive oil and salt and peppers and roast in Oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or till they are dark brown.
- Place garlic head in a foil with some olive oil and salt and place it in the oven (roast this for 40 minutes).
- Take out the broccoli and garlic and let it cool.
- Mix the garlic with 1 tablespoon of butter and apply it on all 4 breads
- Place the cheese on each slice of bread and then layer 2 breads with broccoli, jalapeños and onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sandwich the non layered breads together
- Apply butter on outer layer and grill the sandwich.
- Once the cheese melts and the breads turn brown, serve it