I never thought I would be making Indian mithai at home and cheers to my effort. First attempt in making Rasgulla and it was a huge success. We wiped out the entire bowl in 1 day. The chasni had the right amount of sugar and the Rasgullas came out nice and soft like a sponge. I used my aunts recipe and I promise you this was the most easiest recipe I came across.
- 1 liter 2% milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 teaspoon corn flour or maida
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp rose water & kevda water optional
- 10-16 saffron strands to garnish optional
- Bring milk to boil on low flame and stir continuously, when it starts to boil switchoff the stove.
- Mix vinegar & water
- Add little by little and stir
- When the milk curdles strain the milk.
- Use a cheese cloth or cotton cloth on the strainer and strain the milk
- Wash 3 times with normal water to take out sourness and squeeze all the water out
- Hang for 25-30 mins
- After 25-30 minutes knead the dough with your palm for at least 10 minutes till smooth dough
- Add corn flour and knead again for 1 min
- Make small balls .
- Add sugar and water to boil in a big vessel and you may add rose water and kevda water at this point for added flavors.
- When water starts boiling add the balls to the water.
- Cover and cook for 13 mins on med to high heat.
- When done switch off the stove
- Squeeze water out of the balls and keep in a bowl and then add sugar syrup on rasgulla!!
- You can garnish with saffron strands
- Chill it for 3-4 hours and enjoy them.