Warm weather is back and I am seeing pineapple all over the grocery stores. When I grew up in India, one of my favorite restaurants had pineapple raita on their menu. We would order it with Paratha or Pulav and it would be the perfect combination. When we made Parathas at home this week, I made this raita and it tasted exactly how it tasted in the restaurant. This raita is balanced with sweetness and just a pinch of salt. It’s perfect thing to cool you on a hot summer day. It is jain and kid friendly as well. My son licked his bowl when I served this to him.
- 3/4 cup hung curd or greek yogurt
- A pinch of black salt
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- On a flat pan, cook pineapple at low heat for 10-15 minutes till they are caramelized
- Whisk the yogurt, add all the ingredients to the yogurt and mix it well.
- Add the pineapple and chill the raita for 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds