Moong Dal and Paneer Waffles is healthy and high in protein lentil recipe. It is gluten free and perfect to serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I made them for school lunch the other day and my son loved it. He loved the extra crunch in every bite and he did not realize that he was eating Moong Dal Chilla in a waffle form. This was easy to make and can also be prepped the night before the next day.
Moong dal Cheela has many benefits, it is nutritious, rich in protein and low glycemic index.
Moong Dal and Paneer Waffles is an Indian savory waffles using soaked Moong Dal and you can add shredded paneer in the batter itself. You can use the same recipe to make Chilla but add more water.
Moong Dal and Paneer Waffles | Moong Dal Chilla Waffles
- 1 cup split Moong Dal
- 1/2 cup shredded paneer
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp asafetida powder
- 2 green chilies optional
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup water or as needed to make thick batter
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon dates tamarind chutney to serve
- Soak split Moong Dal in 4 cups of water for 3 hours, if you are short on time soak it in warm water
- After 3 hours, strain the dal and grind it with green chilies, at this point add water as needed to form thick batter
- Add shredded paneer to the batter
- Add salt, asafetida powder and chopped cilantro to the batter
- Warm the Waffle Maker for few minutes and brush with oil
- Spread the Batter on the waffle maker evenly and cook the waffle by closing the top for 7 minutes
- If you want it crispy, open after 7 minutes and apply some more oil and close the lid and cook for 5 minutes
- Serve it along with Tamarind Dates Chutney
Checkout the recipe for Stuffed Moong Dal Waffles here
You can find the direct link to purchase the Dahs waffle maker here