Presenting to you 2 ingredients Malai Kulfi. Milk, sugar and patience is everything you will need to make this creamy kulfi. I am not a huge fan of Ice-creams but I have a soft corner for Kulfi as it brings a lot of childhood memories especially if it’s Malai Kulfi. It reminds me of kulfi wala who would be standing outside the school carrying an aluminum pot in a basket topped with a red cloth full of cone shaped kulfis. We would enjoy it during lunch time or when we were ready to go home. And it would be the perfect thing to have to beat the Mumbai heat and bring joy to our faces. I have perfected this recipe over this summer and my husband says this is the best Kulfi he has eaten in USA.Ps: Stirring the milk continuously is the key to the recipe and requires lot of patience.
- 5 cups full fat milk whole Milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Saffron strands to decorate optional
- Take a heavy bottom pot and bring the milk to boil on medium to high heat.
- Reduce the heat and keep on stirring the milk till 75% of the milk has been reduced.
- Keep on scraping the malai formation from sides of the pot while you stir as this is the good stuff you want in your Kulfi. The most difficult part is to stir the milk continuously to prevent it from burning. It takes me around 35-40 minutes to reduce the milk.
- Once it’s reduced to 25%, remove the pot from the heat and add sugar and mix it for few minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and then pour it in the kulfi moulds.
- Freeze them overnight and enjoy the kulfi next day.
Stirring the milk continuously is the key to the recipe and requires lot of patience.
Leave A Comment