Black Beans Enchiladas with Verde Sauce
Mexican food is always part of our weeknight meals and this dish was an easy one to make. The Verde sauce was already stored in my refrigerator and all I had to do was make the beans. The tortillas filled with beans drenched in warm and spicy verde sauce is everything I wanted to eat after a tiring day. Checkout my recipe for verde sauce under sauce/chutney recipe.
- 1 cup black beans soaked in water and boiled or 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup white onions
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 cup verde sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeño chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6-8 soft corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Warm the tortillas in an oven wrapped in foil at 250 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, add cumin powder, garlic and jalapeños and sauté for few minutes.
- Add the beans, tomato paste, salt and taco seasoning and sauté for few more minutes. You can mash the beans if you prefer them mashed and cook for few minutes and add water if needed. Turn off the heat.
- Heat the verde sauce for 2-3 minutes on stove top.
- Assemble the Enchiladas using the warm tortillas and place the beans mixture and roll it and place the seam side down. Cover the rolled tortillas with the Verde Sauce and top it off with chopped white onions , cilantro and sour cream and serve it warm.