I was introduced to Cereal no Chevdo when I moved to USA. When I was growing up in India, Cereal was something we only ate occasionally. These days it is hard to stay away from these quick snack. Most of my friend’s parents made a Cereal Chevdo mix so that they can add the gujarati twist to these. Its tangy, spicy and so crunchy. The Cereal no Chevdo is a healthy snack and so addictive that you will be eating several bowl full of these. Every one in family always asks me to make a batch for them and I am sure once you try it this way you will always want to make it like this.
Cereal no Chevdo
- 1 12 oz Special K original cereal pack
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 15-20 green chillies
- 1 cup split bengal gram
- 1 tsp hing powder
- 20 curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add the peanuts, green chillies and bengal split gram and roast for some time.
- Add the hing powder and curry leaves and let it cook for few minutes.
- Once the peanuts turn dark in color, add salt, sugar and red chili powder.
- Add the cereal and cook for few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the Cereal mixture.
- Transfer to a different pan and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use your hands to toss the mixture for about 5 minutes. Let it completely cool and store it.
Find more snack recipes here
I have used Special K Original Cereal https://www.specialk.com/en_US/home.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=SPK%7CGoogle%7CSearch%7CMorningFoods%7CBrand%7CUS%7CCold-Cereal%7CExact%7C2022&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPyMn_rp-gIVJsqUCR3oMQftEAAYASAAEgJj6fD_BwE