Special K Cereal Chevdo
Every Diwali we make a lot of sweet and savory snacks and this is one of our favorite snacks. We have come across many different versions of Cereal Chevdo but my version has been a big hit with my family members. I get orders from my brother and cousins to make this before we meet so they can take containers of this chevdo to their house. My mother in law who lives in India always asks me to send this over to her overseas. My son prefers this over potato chips. The rice cereal is nice and light and after adding the curry leaves and other spices and nuts, it makes perfect snack. I promise if you have this once you will want to eat it again and again. Checkout my Instagram for an IGTV video for this Chevdo.
- 1 12 oz Special K original cereal pack
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 15-20 green chillies
- 1 cup split bengal gram
- 1 tsp hing powder
- 20 curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add the peanuts, green chillies and bengal split gram and roast for some time.
- Add the hing powder and curry leaves and let it cook for few minutes.
- Once the peanuts turn dark in color, add salt, sugar and red chili powder.
- Add the cereal and cook for few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the Cereal mixture.
- Transfer to a different pan and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use your hands to toss the mixture for about 5 minutes. Let it completely cool and store it.