Schezwan Paneer Frankie
Whenever I visit Mumbai, I always make a point to visit my favorite place that serves Frankie and you all know how much I love paneer so here is my recipe for Mumbai style Schezwan Paneer Frankie and you can use Schezwan sauce recipe. I love this recipe as it’s very easy to make especially for weeknight dinner. It’s a balanced meal as it has protein, fats, carbs and vitamins. I make this very often as it hits the spot whenever I am craving something spicy and tangy and takes me back to Mumbai streets.
- 1/2 cup schezwan Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cabbage
- 112 gram of Paneer cut into long 1 inch size strips
- 1/2 red onions cut into long strips
- 1/2 medium sized green or red bell peppers cut into long strips
- 4 flour tortillas I used Goya Fajita tortilla
- 3 tsp amul butter
- 2 cubes amul cheese
- 2 tsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp corn flour with water
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp chat masala or as needed
- On a pan heat 1 tsp amul butter, once it bubbles, sauté onions on it till it becomes translucent,.
- Add the bell peppers, carrots, cabbage and let it cook for 2-3 min.
- Add Schezwan sauce, corn flour slurry and ketchup to the mix and let it sizzle and then add paneer to it and let it cook till it softens and remove it from heat.
- Heat a flat pan on medium heat. Once it is warm, add 1/2 tsp Amul butter to the pan and heat the tortillas on it flipping it back and forth till it turns light brown. Make sure it’s not over cooked. Remove it from heat.
- Apply 1/2 tablespoon of mayo, then place shredded cabbage on the tortilla and then place the paneer mixture on it, Sprinkle with chaat masala and shred 1/2 cube of amul cheese on it. Roll the Frankie and place it on the pan again and cook it from all side so it can be set in roll.
- Take a piece of foil and roll the bottom 1/2 part with it so it doesn’t fall from the bottom.
Leave A Comment