- 1 cup maida All purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour chana no lot
- 3/4 cup icing sugar powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp semolina rava
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp of cardamomm powder elaichi
- chopped nuts to garnish
- Form a hard dough using all the ingredients except nuts and make it into peda shape with little finger space in middle. Garnish with nuts in the finger space
- Bake in preheated convection oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 26 minutes or till they turn slightly golden brown from top.
- If regular oven then bake at 350 deg Fahrenheit for 40 minutes
- Let it cool and you can store in airtight container for few weeks
Use same recipe (original Nankhatai) and add red food color 12 drops and 2 tsp rose water
Garnish with rose petals after the Nankhatai are completely baked. Chocolate Nankhatai
Use same recipe (original Nankhatai) and add 2 tsp of cocoa powder and can garnish with chocolate shavings once it’s completely baked.