Mixed Dal, Rice, Vegetable Paratha for kids
What is the staple foods in your house? Staple foods in my house is Dal (Beans), Rice, Vegetable and Roti. I believe in the vegetarian food chain that was created years ago to include all the food groups. I grew up eating this for lunch at home and at school when I was young and I would love for my son to eat the same .It’s very difficult to convince him to eat everything daily especially when he goes to school, so I came up with an idea of including all the ingredients in a Paratha/Flatbread. This recipe has been very successful as my son loves quick bites and he does not realize that he is eating all the food groups in one bite.
- 1/4 cup moong dal washed and soaked
- 1/4 cup grated cauliflower
- 1/4 cup rice washed and soaked
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach leaves
- salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder amchoor
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- water as needed
- Boil the moong dal and rice in pressure cooker or instant pot with minimum water
- Once it’s cooked drain the water and let it cool off
- In a bowl take whole wheat flour, then add the dal, rice, grated cauliflower, chopped spinach leave, salt, dry mango powder, chili powder and then only add water if required.
- Form a dough that should not be too firm or soft.
- Once the dough is ready roll into desired shape and can make it small for kids and then cook it on a flat pan using ghee on both sides and once it’s brown on both sides, it’s ready.
- Can serve this with ketchup or yogurt.
Leave A Comment