Grilled Halloumi Chutney Salad
After eating lot of food over the weekend, I crave to eat something light. Grilled Halloumi Chutney Salad is so light on the stomach and tastes so delicious. I have never tried grilling Halloumi Cheese at home before and I thought this was the perfect cheese to grill as its melting point is very high. The cheese has salty taste to it so when you make this salad be mindful of the salt. The combination with spicy chutney, fresh and juicy tomatoes and squeezed lime juice makes this salad packed with falvors.
- 3 tablespoons cilantro-mint Chutney
- 1 inch rectangular Halloumi slices 3/4 slice
- 10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 8 pieces of thin sliced cucumber
- 6 pieces of thin sliced onions
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce torn with hands
- salt and black pepper powder as needed
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Heat the grill (I used stove top grill)
- Once it’s heated, spray some oil on the grill
- Dip the Halloumi in the chutney and then grill it on medium heat till it turns brown on all sides
- Toss lettuce, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remaining cilantro- mint chutney.
- Squeeze lime juice and toss the salad together.
- Top the salad with grilled halloumi cheese and enjoy