- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup uncooked garbanzo soaked for 8 hours and drain all water and pat dry
- 1 cup parsley leaves chopped
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp cumin cilantro powder
- green chillies as needed
- 3/4 tsp salt or as needed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 baking powder when baking
- 3/4 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Grind everything in food processor except baking powder and all purpose flour. The texture should be course. Put the mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. (I left it overnight )
- Add 3/4 tbsp all purpose flour and baking powder next day to the mixture right before air frying or baking the falafels and adjust the salt if needed.
- Air fry or bake at 410 deg Fahrenheit in convection oven or Air fryer for 20 min flipping in between also brush with olive oil if needed and use parchment paper so they don’t stick to the tray
- For Jain version skip onions and garlic and it turns out super delicious, tried and tested.
- Fill up your Pita breads or pockets with salad and falafels and top it off with yogurt sauce and spicy garlic sauce