Air Fried Kadak Puri
Kadak Masala Puri with chai or coffee is a gujarati staple. This bite sized crispy puri is part of our Diwali snack every year. I am always looking for guilt free options for snacks and this one fits right in as they are air fried. They were super easy to make and stores very well in an air tight container.You can use the same recipe if you want to deep fry it but if you have an air fryer then I highly recommend trying this version and you will never want to fry them.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ghee melted
- warm water as needed
- salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon hing powder
- 1/2 cup oil for air frying
- Form a firm dough using all the ingredients except the oil. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll the puris into flat circle shape and then poke the flat puri with fork all over
- Roll out at least 20-25 puris before starting the air fryer
- Set the air fryer to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and let it preheat
- Once it’s heated place the puris in the air frying tray evenly distributed brushing with oil on both sides. Start the air fryer.
- Give it 5 minutes and check to see if they are not turning dark in color and if required flip the puris
- Let it air fry for another 5 minutes or till you have desired color.